Salesforce Professional Edition. So many things it can do, 50% the monthly cost of Enterprise Edition, but….
Point 1: No Person Accounts.
Point 2: No Workflow.
Point 3: No APEX.
For someone who really likes to customize things to make it easier for users, streamlining PE is a challenge. Referring back to a previous post about auto-populating objects using APEX – PE is an environment where you do have to get a little creative and play with GET strings.
- Professional Edition Salesforce Org
- Accounts are setup as branches of the company (and renamed as “Centers”), as Person Accounts not being available had to be worked around
- Custom Lead Field as a lookup to the Account object
- Pre-populate the Lead Conversion screen with as much information as possible so the user doesn’t have to re-enter information that was JUST on the Lead record.
- Create a “Convert to Contact” button on the Lead page and load up the GET string with as much info as feasible
- Remove the stock “Convert” Lead button