T’was 72 hours before Summer ’14,when all through the ‘form
Not a developer was silent, not even the new guy Norm;
The features were dangled from the 321 pages of release notes with care,
In hopes that Uncle Mark soon would be there.
Ok, enough of that. =)
Who’s ready for the release? The last few releases have been absolutely chock-full of new features and Salesforce is showing no signs of slowing down, which is both exciting and really scary at the same time!
I could fill pages upon pages about the cool things coming out in Summer ’14, but here are just a few of my highlights:
- Description field added to Network IP Addresses
- Publisher Actions now available in Outlook Side Panel
- External Id limits raised – from three (3) to seven (7) per object
- Workflow/Assignment/Auto-Response/Escalation limits raised – from 300 to 500 per object (EE), and 1000-2000 per organization
- Trigger-ready Flows!
- Sandbox license types are automatically synchronized on add/remove
- Salesforce File Sync is GA
- Remote objects!
- Change Set deployment can now be tracked on the Deployment Status page
- Ability to create Price Book Entries in Unit Tests (and query for the standard price book!
What are some of your favorites? Sound off in the comments below!
See you on the other side of the release!