Running a 5K is one thing, but running a 5K through a wooded area overcoming obstacles such as:
- Sliding down a muddy hill
- Crawling through tunnels
- Climbing over a wall
- Rappelling down a ravine
- Climbing up large hay bales
- Crawling over old junked cars
- Running through sand piles
- Running up a ski hill
- Climbing up and over a cargo net
- Jumping over a wall of FIRE
- Army-crawling under barbed wire
Am I nuts??! Yeah, pretty much, but I get a helmet with horns as a trophy for completing it. That’s worth the price of admission.
July 23rd, 2011 – 10am, shoes and whatever crazy outfit I feel like wearing – good to go.
Now – only to get myself to be able to RUN a 5k. I can bike 75 miles in one shot without much issue, but running is a totally different story. Ooorah.